Since June 2015, Gabriel Meffre is officially a “Responsible Company”. AFNOR, French independent expert and pioneer in the evaluation of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), has awarded us the "level 3 - confirmed" of the AFAQ 26000 evaluation. Being recognised for our environmental, social and economic contribution is the fruit of all our employees constantly adapting and working on a business project that began in 2011. What makes it even more remarkable is that Gabriel Meffre is one of the first wineries in the South of France to be evaluated thus far
Eric Brousse - CEO
Quality and commitment as a state of mind
As we have celebrated our 80th anniversary in 2016, the values of respect, commitment and quality injected by Gabriel Meffre, our founder, have never floundered since.
Working on the unique soils we have in the Rhône Valley & particularly in Gigondas is an opportunity which we have to preserve.
This is the spirit with which we embarked on, nearly 25 years ago, a responsible sustainable development approach, for which we have received the following certifications :
2000 : ISO 9000 certification (Quality Management)
2002 : Terra Vitis® label (sustainable agriculture) on the Gabriel Meffre estates
2015 : AFAQ 26000 evaluation – achieved level 3 (CSR )
• other certifications : BRC, IFS, HACCP standards
(International standards for food security)
Being consistently involved in sustainable projects
Naturally, this method of managing our business and development takes us on a path towards a business philosophy resolutely focussed on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Receiving the AFAQ 26000 level 3 "confirmed" certification in 2015 confirms we are on the right path. This indicator is the only CSR assessment standard approved by experts internationally.
This approach is important for us and we have made it one of our main strategic focuses. All of our employees and partners have devoted themselves to this project, the focal point of which is to obtain level 4 "exemplary" in 2018.
Average length of service = 12,9 years (vs 10.5 in the sector – GRI LA1)
Gender equality with 52,2% of women (vs 41% in the sector – GRI LA1)
Average staff turnover of 15,1% (vs 54.3% in companies with over 50 employees in France – 2013/DARES)
- 18% ow water consumption between 2010 & 2014, that is 11,800m3 of water saved vs a 12% rise in production
- 65% of phytosanitary purchases/ha on our estates between 2011 & 2015
- 1,5 tons of paper consumption between 2011 & 2014
+ 71% recycling of non-hazardous industrial waste
- 28% of waste tonnage produced between 2009 & 2014
- 1950 tons of glass saved between 2009 and 2014, equal to 1390 t GES CO²
- 14% decrease of the average weight of our bottles allowing optimised transport and causing less pollution
- 731 medals and rewards for our wines since 2008
- 19 new “innovation” projects currently under study
100% attendee satisfaction for our “terroirs” sessions
38 events and 403 attendees at the wine cellar in 2015
A strong presence in professional organisations