"Ensure our durability while preserving the sustainability of our natural heritage: this is our commitment towards Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainable Development. Our founding values guide us in our everyday actions, from vine to bottle, in order to take into account the social, economic & environmental issues".
Etienne Maffre, CEO
The first Rhone Valley Winery to be "Exemplary"
We have been voluntarily engaged in a quality process since 1990. All our equipments are BRC and IFS certified and meet the requirements of the HACCP standards. In 2011, we have committed ourselves to Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility.
In 2015, our Winery was awarded "level 3 - confirmed" of the AFAQ 26000 evaluation.
In 2018, as a result of our continued comitment to improving our practices and our impact on our stakeholders (employees, customers, suppliers...) we were awarded the top level "4 - Exemplary". Maison Gabriel Meffre is the first "Responsible" Winery of the Rhone Valley.
Audrey Chaufournier, QSE Manager ”The first evaluation has enllightened our best practices and proposed opportunities for improvement. Be recognized as "Exemplary" three years later show the commitment of the whole Gabriel Meffre team and the fact that Sustainability is firmly rooted within our winery. This new step drives us to go even further”.
A commited team
One of the pillars of our Winery is the men & women who compose the Gabriel Meffre team. Thanks to their daily commitment and values, they contribute significantly to advances and progress. Each one of them, is part of the collective awareness towards better practices. The actions & initiatives we have implemented for more than 25 years participate to the development of our territory & environment :
Read our CSR report 2022
* Gabriel Meffre is the largest employer in the village. 1 “Gabriel Meffre” job supports 6.2 jobs in France, 48% of which are in the Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur region.
* Participation in drafting the ISO 26000 guide for the wine industry
* 129 wine tourism events at the cellar (2016 to 2018) experienced by 600 people
* Inter Rhône Quality Charter label- 3 leaves highest level, obtained by the cellar
* A strong representation of the company in professional bodies and organisations
* 185 actions to promote prevention of health risks in 2017-2018.
* 3 models of environmentally-friendly bottles weighing 410g instead of 520g, making it the lightest emblazoned bottle on the market.
* 1,588 tons of glass saved between 2009 and 2016, equivalent to 1,342 tons of greenhouse gas/CO2.
* -108 tons of glass to be handled by our teams on packaging lines.
* Creation of a CSR sticker along with information on our back labels for consumers.
* Integration of a presentation of our CSR approach when meeting with clients
* 32 ha labelled Organic Agriculture
* 44 ha labelled HVE3
* -39% herbicide TFI (Treatment Frequency Index) compared to reference TFI on Château de Grand Escalion
* 84% of waste recovered in 2018 (vs 79% in 2014)
* -29% waste tonnage in 2018 compared to 2015
* 8% water saving between 2009 and 2018
* 0.96 litres of water per 75 cl bottle in 2018 compared to 1.05 litres in 2009.
* 14.8 years average seniority in 2018 (+1.8% vs 2014)
* Turnover rate of 11.5% compared with 54.3% in companies employing more than 50 people in France (2013-DARES)
* €5,000 invested in office equipment designed to reduce musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs)
* 185 actions to promote prevention of health risks in 2017-2018
* 54% of training to promote skills development
* 53% of women as part of the total workforce in 2018 compared to 41% in the industry (excluding sales representatives- GRI LA1)
* 3 new female Executive Managers in 2019