We have drafted a 5-year strategic plan (2017-2021) in which CSR & Sustainable Development are the core foundations. More than ever, respect of women & men, of our environment and of the consumers are the key elements that drive our development.
Domaine de Longue Toque - 32ha in AOP Gigondas, Vacqueyras & Côtes du Rhône Villages Plan de Dieu - has been managed under the Sustainable Viticulture principles since the beginning and has obtained the “Terra Vitis” label, renewed each year. Since 2017, a new step has been engaged: conversion towards Organic Viticulture. 2019 will be the first vintage to be fully "organic".
Antoine Dupré, Vineyards Director : “Each one of our actions has to reflect our commitment towards sustainable development. For some years, we have conducted massal selections on our parcels. This allow us to preserve the genetic heritage of our best vines. In 2017, 10% of our invstments where devoted to environmental plans.”
A search for excellence
"The Terra Vitis approach has given us a frame to think about our practices and how to improve them" explains Nicolas Speranza, in charge of the Gabriel Meffre vineyards. He has been recruited in 2014 for his experience in organic viticulture. "Each time, it's a new challenge that is both stressing and stimulating, because you have to do better with less as you can only use products of natural origin."
Among all projects, two are directly related to Domaine de Longue Toque :
- Use of a workhorse on the oldest vines of Grenache.
The 4 strategic objectives of our Winery!
- Economic performance, thanks to the development of wines that are adapted to their markets, in France &n abroad.
- Social approach, promoting attentive listening, dialogue & team building.
- Respect for the environnement with Terra Vitis label, organic viticulture, recycling of wastes, reducing of energy consumptions...
- Local anchorage, working with local suppliers and developing local partnerships (patronage, sponsoring...).